Burning Desire, the spark
A burning desire can create enough momentum to get the least motivated person on earth going! In his masterpiece, “Think and Grow Rich”, Napoleon Hill wrote “Desire: The Starting Point of all Achievement, The First Step toward Riches”.
What did Socrates know about Burning Desire?
A young man asked Socrates, the Greek philosopher, the secret to success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him toward the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and ducked him into the water. The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled his head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, ‘What did you want the most when you were there?” The boy replied, “Air.” Socrates said, “That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it.”
Your desire to become a millionaire is not enough…
You will not become a millionaire by liking the idea of becoming one. Sustainable millionaires have set their minds explicitly on seven figure profits. Even lottery winners can become millionaires yet 85% of them have a lower net worth 5 years after winning the lottery than before. The main reason is that they have not set their mind as BEING millionaires.
What other Experts say about Burning Desire
Here are some great quotes for you to feel the power of desire:
- “You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration” – James Allen
- “Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve.” – Wilferd Peterson
- “Thoughts mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence and a burning desire are powerful things.” – Napoleon Hill
- “It’s easy to say ‘no!’ when there’s a deeper ‘yes!’ burning inside.” – Stephen R. Covey
How to make your goal a Burning Desire
As Tony Robbins explains it best, everything we do in life we do it either to avoid pain or to gain pleasure. In order to set your mind for success you must “sell” the goal to yourself as intensely as possible. Take a sheet of paper create two columns and put:
- all the reasons that not having the goal achieved causes pain in one side and
- all the reasons that having the goal achieved creates pleasure on the second column
Revise your list regularly. Every time you read it, your consciousness will reach a new level and more why’s will come to surface. Remember, the stronger the WHY, the easier the HOW. Repeat this process until your goal becomes a truly Burning Desire and get ready to experience some rapid manifesting!